Friday, April 30, 2021

Cry to Jesus

S - Scripture
Psalm 34 v. 17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.

O - Observation
Deliverer. What a great adjective for Jesus! He delivers us from so much. Romans 7 v. 24 -25a, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Jesus delivers us from the Gates of Hell. He delivers us from our sinful self. The Bible has countless examples in the old testament where the Israelite are under attack, in captivity, in a bad situation, and he hears their plea for help and saves them. I think it’s interesting to note, its when they (the righteous) cry for help. It’s when they are desperate that they fully commit themselves to depending upon the Lord. God uses the weak, a bad situation, to reflect his glory.
 
A - Application
Have I been delivered by Jesus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Deliver me from my sinful self.  Love Will










No comments:

Post a Comment