Thursday, May 20, 2021

Learn to be Still

S - Scripture
Psalm  46 v. 10 Be still and know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations. I am exalted in the earth!

O - Observation
Be Still. Wow!!! That is unbelievably hard for me. My idle runs fast. I'm either on or off. Stillness is a spiritual discipline I have not even come close to mastering. I wonder if the business of my life has me pass by, ignore, reprioritize my time getting to know God, or build relationships. I think about how Elijah heard the  Lord, 1 Kings 19 v. 11b-12, "And after the wind an earthquake, and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire a still small voice." All this commotion, all this time for God to talk in a mighty way, he talked to Elijah in a still small voice.

A - Application
Do I have too much commotion, to be still to hear the voice of God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me the discipline to be still and know that you are God.  Love Will














No comments:

Post a Comment