Saturday, May 15, 2021

Make the Lord your trust



S - Scripture
Psalm  40 v. 4 Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the Proud, to those who go astray after false Gods!

O - Observation
My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. No merit of my own I claim but wholly lean on Jesus name. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. That is the lyrics of one of my favorite Hymns. This verse reminded me of it. In all situations, in every step I take, I need, I will make the Lord, Jesus Christ my trust. But this is in direct violation of what the Devil wants. He wants us to place our hope, our trust in anything but Jesus. Thus the pressure to fill our lives with stuff and goals that distract us from our hope. Hebrews 2 v. 1, "Therefore we must pay the closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it."

A - Application
What is my hope and trust built on?

P - Prayer
Jesus, You are my foundation. Keep me secure.  Love Will








Photo by Tyrel Johnson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment