Saturday, May 15, 2021

Regaining Sight

Regaining Sight

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel

S - SCRIPTURE:
Acts 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said “Brother Saul the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

O-OBSERVATION: 
Saul of course had encountered Jesus on the road to Damascus where he was going to round up more Christians for persecution. Jesus encountered him with a bright light and these words “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? In the encounter, Saul was struck blind. Thereafter his servants led him to a house in Damascus, where after three days, Ananias
following the Lords instructions, came to Saul and by the power of the Spirit restored his sight.



A-APPLICATION: 
Have we ever been blinded by sin? I know I have, especially in the years before I met Carol. I wasted several years
indulging self, and although I never stopped attending public worship, my private life was not consistent with that of a child of
God. I regained my sight when suddenly I had terrible back pain and was incapacitated for a week. At that point, I came to my senses, looked to Jesus, and REGAINED my sight. The eyes of my heart were opened and my sight was restored and my pain 
was gone. This is an abbreviated version, but the key to REGAINING SIGHT, is to repent and look to Jesus.

P - PRAYER: Heavenly Father, you are so gracious to your children you allow healing of the soul when we look to Jesus with a contrite heart. By Your Spirit, help us always to open the eyes of our heart so that we may see Your salvation.
In Jesus Name, Amen 

Photo by Eugene Triguba on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment