Saturday, September 11, 2021

Blessed

 Blessed

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE: 
Revelation: Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

O - OBSERVATION: 
This sounds a lot like Luke 11:28 Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it. Several things I think off in this passage of Revelation are:

    1) Reading it aloud allows further emphasis on the word, but more importantly others can hear, as a parent reading to their child or a Pastor reading to the congregation, more ears benefit by the hearing. 

    2)Keeping what is written in God’s word is always beneficial, for example, the 10 commandments. Also the words of 2Timothy 3:16,17 come to mind ; All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works.

A - APPLICATION: 
Paying attention to God’s Word is always worthwhile as God’s Children need to regularly study His word and grow from it. Each time I read it I learn something new, and I’m amazed that I didn’t catch it before, but I suspect His Spirit knew that I needed to be ready to digest each morsel of truth as I grow. God knows His Own!

P - PRAYER: 
Gracious Father, May I never grow weary of searching Your Scriptures, for in them we have eternal life! In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment