Saturday, September 18, 2021

Faithful Unto Death

 Faithful Unto Death

Guest Blog By Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE: 
NIV, Revelation 2:10b Be faithful even to the point of death and I will give you a crown of life.

O - OBSERVATION: 
For me, this is another case where more is revealed each time you read a scripture. This is my

Confirmation Verse, it’s 
special to me, because it’s always been in the back of my mind. I memorized it out of the KJV which simply says “faithful unto death.” As I read the portion preceding this verse, it comes as a gift for staying true to God even under threat of prison or worse. That’s the part I didn’t pick up on before, it’s why I chose the NIV version,”even unto death.” I think of today’s Christians in Afghanistan, who are forced to choose between Jesus and earthly death, but, a Crown of Eternal Life awaits those who chose to not deny God!

A - APPLICATION: 
So what about you and I, are we ready to suffer all even earthly death rather than deny Jesus? It’s actually a choice we make each day! A choice between choosing the ways of satan or the ways of Jesus, it’s a choice between death and life eternal.
Thank God for the Grace He shows me when I make bad choices. You see, because of what Jesus did for us, when we repent, He restores us, makes us new again; 2 Corinthians 5:17.

P - PRAYER: 
Aw Father, it’s so amazing to read of the love You have for us, as I think of how You’ve figured everything out, it’s not very smart of me to worry about tomorrow or anything for that matter. You hold us in Your hand forever if we but remain faithful to You. Grant us that faithfulness Lord, and forgive us when we trespass against You. In Jesus Name, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment