Saturday, September 25, 2021

God's Discipline - A good thing!!! (Really!!!)

S - Scripture     

Proverbs 1 v. 23  Give heed to my reproof; behold, I will pour out my thoughts to you; I will make my words known to you.   

 


O - Observation

Discipline. Notice, God will discipline us. Discipline is a form of love. Its a way to correct people, animals from doing something wrong, or highlight how bad what we've done is (either to us or to others.) But, God doesn't just want to go corporal on us, no, he will take the time, POUR (not dribble) out his thoughts to us. Since he's pouring his insight on us, there will be fruits of good things that will come out of discipline. Hebrews 12 v. 11; "For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." What a great God sized If/then statement. IF you are being disciplined by God, THEN you will have the Peaceful fruit of righteousness. Almost makes you want to be disciplined.

 

A - Application  

Am I taking heed to the discipline that God is giving me?

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, I know that you correctly discipline me. Help me to respond to your discipline in a way that brings fruit of righteousness.  Love Will.  


Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment