Saturday, September 4, 2021

While We Were Sinners

 While We Were Sinners

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE: 
Romans 5:8 But GOD shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

O- OBSERVATION:
What a beautiful verse of scripture! What makes it really sweet to me is that it reminds me in such a powerful way that my sins don’t doom me. God’s love for those He created is so great that while we were yet sinners He sent His only Son to die on the cross that you and I and  all who believe in Jesus might have eternal life. You see there is nothing you or I can do to earn eternal life for ourselves, “Jesus paid it all”, as the old Hymn says. Or the words of Jesus in 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Jesus has reconciled us to God by His death!

A - APPLICATION: 
The sins of my past, present or future are all paid for by Jesus, I need only to repent and believe the words of 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins He, is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness!

P - PRAYER: Oh Gracious Father, thank YOU for loving us even while we were sinful, thank YOU for sending Jesus to free us from the consequences of our sin. All praise and thanks I give to you! In Jesus Name, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment