Monday, September 13, 2021

Watch what you say!

S - Scripture
Psalm 141 v. 3 Set guard over my mouth, O Lord, keep watch over the door of my lips.

O - Observation
Say What? This is a great prayer for wisdom and control over the things you say. The childhood saying is COMPLETELY wrong, at least the back half is. Sticks and stones, yep, they hurt, but words will never hurt me. That's a lie. Words can be Killer. James 3 v. 5, "So the tongue is a little member and boast of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire."  Yes, your choice of words can greatly impact a person's life. Both positively and negatively. So how do you manage what you say? Jesus gives us this anatomy lesson in Matthew 15 v. 18a, "But what comes out of the mouth  PROCEEDS FROM THE HEART."  Set your heart right, set your heart on Jesus. Following what he has to say to helps manage what you say!

A - Application
So what am I saying? Am I tearing down or building up?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Set guard over my mouth and heart!  Love Will








Photo by krakenimages on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment