Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Let Him in!!!

S - Scripture     

Proverbs 2 v. 1-2 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding.  

 

O - Observation

Let him in. This is the first part of a very important IF//THEN statement. Today we will do the IF statement. Tomorrow the THEN statement. But what is the value of God's word? Psalm 110 v. 105; "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."  Its the Truth. Proverbs 30 v. 5a; "Every word of God proves true." But receiving God's word is not enough, we must treasure these words. Matthew 6 v. 21; "For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also." Think about the things we treasure. We take good care of it. We think about it. We will do anything to protect it. 

 

A - Application  

Am I treasuring up God's commandments? What am I willing to do to protect that treasure? Am I adding to the treasure?



P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to receive and treasure your word. Love Will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment