Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Fight the inertia of the World with the Help of Jesus

S - Scripture
Psalm 141 v. 4 Incline not my heart to any evil, to busy myself with wicked deeds in company with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties!

O - Observation
Inertia. Every day we start with this strong pull, personal war with our heart, our sinful flesh. Matthew 15 v. 19, "For out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander."  Paul recognized this battle in Romans 7 v. 15, "I do not understand my own actions. For I don' t do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." How can we prevent ourselves from our own sinful flesh? How do we keep the ball from gathering steam and going faster?  Romans 7 v. 24-25a, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

A - Application
Am I fighting inertia with the help of Jesus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for delivering me from me! Love Will








Photo by Niklas Kickl on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment