Thursday, September 16, 2021

Remember! The Lord is Gracious

S - Scripture
Psalm 145 v. 8 The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

O - Observation
What a great description of my God. Here's some more detail from Webster. Gracious = Kind and considerate. Mercy = Willingness to forgive or not to punish.  Slow = Not Fast. (I like that word in front of anger. ) This is not a description of an impartial God, or a God that likes to smote or smite or condemn. NO this is a description of love. 1 John 4 v. 18, " There is NO FEAR in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with the punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love.  My God is willing to give Grace chips for when I fail him. Lamentations 3 v. 22-23, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to and end, THEY ARE NEW every morning, great is thy faithfulness."

A - Application
Is there any other adjectives I can add to describe my God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, You're awesome!!! Love Will












Photo by Miriam G on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment