Saturday, August 8, 2020

Adoptive Children

Scripture: Gal. 4:4,5 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a women, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law so that we might receive adoption as sons. 
 
group of children taking picture 
 
Observation: I had to memorize these verses for a Sunday School Christmas Program many years ago.
At that time I didn’t understand the significance of these verses and what they mean to us. But Jesus was
born to REDEEM us from the the consequence of our sins, and as a result of that we are adopted sons and
daughters of the Heavenly Father! We are heirs of salvation! Hence the beautiful song we sing; “I’m no
longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God!”
 
Application: Do I act like I know that I am a Redeemed child of the Heavenly Father? Do I realize God loved me so much He willingly allowed His only Son to die so that my sins, though as scarlet, might be white as the new blown snow, as described by Isaiah 1:18. And do I then share that good news with others?
 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please help me to be a full time child of Yours. Help me by the power of Your
Spirit, to humbly embrace the role of being Your child! Help me to share the great news of Redemption with the world!
In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment