Monday, August 10, 2020

Put on the Proper Perspective

S - Scripture     
Matthew 16 v. 26   For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole word and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?



O - Observation    
Perspective. The realization that there are two parts to our lives, temporary (right now) and eternal (after we die.) How we live today will impact our long term destiny. The good news is that we don’t have to EARN heaven. Its not based upon our works, it’s a free Gift from Jesus. We just need to believe. But…. James 2 v. 17 says, So faith by itself is dead. Because of our faith, we should be compelled to live in love. Faith is all about do as I say… AND as I do!!!

A - Application  
Am I forfeiting the things of this world and instead working to gain or increase my faith? How Alive is my faith?   

P - Prayer      
Jesus, Give me the proper perspective. Strengthen my faith. Love Will

Photo by Anika Huizinga on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment