Friday, August 21, 2020

How to build relationships for life

S - Scripture     
Matthew 18 v. 15  If your Brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained a brother. 



O - Observation    
Reconciliation.  This is the beginning of a section of verses that Jesus gives GREAT guidance on how to deal with conflict. This is the first step. Its so simple but hard to do. Go and talk to that person. Don't go and tell 10 other people about that person. Don't gossip, no go and tell that person that they have done you wrong.  Its about the Relationship.  God has built us to be relational, with others and with him.  Hmmm... Do you think God follows this approach with me? Sure, my conscience tells me when I have done something wrong. Is it possible that this is God's first step towards reconciliation?

A - Application  
Am I following Jesus’ prescribed method for resolving conflict?     

P - Prayer      
Jesus, Help me to build relationships for life.  Love Will.  

Photo by Frank Busch on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. This is powerful stuff, Will. I never thought about Matt 18 in respect to our conscience being God’s first step towards reconciliation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete