Saturday, August 22, 2020

 

Persevere & Confess

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel

Scripture:
James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him!



Observation: 
Standing fast, resisting temptation, living as God desires and receiving the Crown of Life is the
ideal life of God’s Children. But what if you’re like me and are far from perfect? 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness! You see, we are not thrown on the trash heap but have another and numerous chances to persevere every day. Because of Jesus we always get another chance to do better 
when we confess our mistakes! How very gracious God is!

Application: 
This does not mean I deliberately sin so that I can receive grace , but rather when I in my
striving to persevere, fall short, I confess my sin and the blood of Jesus makes me whole, and ready to receive the crown of Life!

Prayer:
Father, You have conceived such a great plan, I pray that all of Your people would embrace it and that Heaven would rejoice at the numbers therein!
In Jesus Name, Amen

Image by James Chan from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment