Saturday, August 29, 2020

Generosity’s Source

 

Generosity’s Source

by guest blogger Gary Riedel

Scripture:
1 Chronicles 29:14 But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your hand.

Observation: 
This comes from the prayer of David when he lead his people in the donation of resources for the temple soon to be built by his son Solomon. I like this passage because it so clearly spells out the source of whatever blessings we have received. That source is of course the hand of our very generous God!




Application: 
When I think about how generously God has blessed our church, and my family, my heart fills to 
overflowing! Hearts that are full, long to share the blessings God gives. The last phrase of 2 Corinthians 9:7 “for God loves a cheerful giver!” See how the circle continues, from God to us, we to God , and He back to us again. It’s about being faithful with His gifts to us. A faithful heart is a generous heart!

Prayer: 
Gracious Father, help us learn to be generous just as You are to us. In Jesus Name, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment