Sunday, August 9, 2020

Rock On!!! (Jeus is the Rock!!!)

S - Scripture     
Matthew 16 v. 18   And I tell you. You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my church, and the Powers of death shall not prevail against it.

O - Observation    
Rock On!!! I love this verse. Because, Jesus lays it on Peter, (Simon is his parent given name) telling him that he is the Rock. Peter comes from the Greek Petra, or Rock. All these accolades for a guy that will deny Christ 3 times.  Makes me feel great, because if Jesus is totally jacked about Peter, even though he had his serious issues, how much will he be Jacked about me?!!  Why did Jesus love Peter so much? He was bold in stating the TRUTH. Which is  - Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.

A - Application  
Am I Bold in Proclaiming the TRUTH? Do I want to be a foundation, much like Peter?  

P - Prayer      
Jesus, Use me to build your church. Call me Peter. Love Will.  

Photo by theverticalstory on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment