Thursday, August 27, 2020

What marriage really means

S - Scripture     
Matthew 19 v. 6  So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder. 


O - Observation    
Model. I think that God created the institution of marriage for us to get a better understanding of God's relationship with us. Marriage is based on Love. 1st Corinthians 13, 4-7 rattles off what love is. Patient, kind and what is not, arrogant, rude, selfish, irritable or resentful. I know that sometimes I'm not those things to my wife. And visa versa. Makes me think about Jesus love for everybody, how patient he is. What a great role model. I also think about how when things are working in my marriage, its simply incredible. Same holds true when things are working between God and me.  

A - Application  
Am I striving to achieve the Model of love that Jesus has shown me?     

P - Prayer      
Jesus, Help me, bless me to have an awesome marriage. Love Will.  

Photo by freestocks on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment