Monday, January 17, 2022

Have your heart burn for the Poor!!!



S - Scripture

Proverbs 19 v. 17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed. 

 

O - Observation

A deeper value. Helping the poor seems like a good social thing to do. People will think you are a good person for helping. But, there's much more to this than people recognize. Matthew 25 v. 35, 39, 40, "for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me... And the King will answer them, 'truly I say to you, as you did it to one the least of my brothers you did it to me'" The fact that God knows when and how you help the poor is reward in itself. However, you will be repaid when you help. Right here and now. I think about my Mission trips to Mississippi. Every time I go I come back with way more than I gave.

 

A - Application

Am I taking the opportunities to help the poor?

 

P - Prayer

Jesus, Let my heart burn for helping the poor.  Love Will.



No comments:

Post a Comment