Friday, January 28, 2022

Think about what your feeding yourself

S – Scripture

Proverbs 20 v. 17  Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of Gravel.

 

O – Observation

It’s not what it seems. Sin. Evil, Deceit may be good for a season, but in the end you have to pay the price. Think of the Bank Execs. Think of Ron Lay of Enron. Deceit. Stealing. Millions. They lived High on the Hog. But now. Gavel. Ron Lay. Dead. Killed himself. Other execs in prison hated by all. So you have to wonder, what tastes good and stays tasting good? Psalm 199 v. 103, “How sweet are they words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” Couple this with 1 Peter 1 v. 25a, “but the word of the Lord abides forever.” Finally, Proverbs 30 v. 5a, “Every word of God proves true.”  Jesus sums it up rather nicely in John 6 v. 35a, “ I am the bread of life, he who comes to me shall not hunger.”

 

A – Application

So what Bread am I eating?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Thanks for feeding me with the Good Stuff! Love Will



No comments:

Post a Comment