Friday, January 21, 2022

You Reap what you sow

S - Scripture
Proverbs 20 v. 4 The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

O - Observation
What you do (Or don't do) today will impact tomorrow. This Proverb is probably the genesis of the saying,"you reap what you sow." If you don't invest time and energy in something you will not get much back. This is so true in our daily lives, the time spent learning will payoff. The time spent training for an event, 5K's, bike and backpack trips we be beneficial. Longer term, when I think of harvest, I think of what Jesus said in Matthew 9 v. 37, "Then Jesus said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the labors are few."

A - Application
Am I investing time in the eternal harvest? Am I spending daily time in the Bible and prayer? Am I investing time in other people, sharing, encouraging, training them on the Joy it is to be one of God's?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to work hard for your harvest.  Love Will.



No comments:

Post a Comment