Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Just Tell the Truth!

S - Scripture

Proverbs 19 v. 5 & 9  A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will not escape (will perish).

 

O - Observation

Just tell the truth. This must be an important Proverb since its essentially repeated word for word in verse 9, except for the (will perish). Lying is #2 on the list of things which the Lord hates. (Proverbs 6 v. 16-19) Right behind pride. It is true, at some point you will be caught in your lies. Big or small, they will catch up to you. What about those that may lie about you?  Or those that lie to improve their status? It is important to remember Jeremiah 9 v. 24b, "I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, JUSTICE, and righteousness in the earth, for these things I delight."

 

A - Application

Do I catch myself lying (even little ones?) Do I dwell on the lies that other people say, or can I let God judge them?

 

P - Prayer

Jesus, Help me to keep a clean heart. Let me speak only the truth!!!   Love Will.


Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment