Friday, January 14, 2022

Patience is a great value to have!

S - Scripture

Proverbs 19 v. 11 Good sense makes a man slow to anger, and it is his glory to look over an offense. 

 

O - Observation

Patience. This proverb is about patience. Patience with each other. Patience with those that drive us crazy. Romans 12 v. 14 carries this thought a little farther, "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them." There's two key issues to recognize your approach when someone does you wrong, to which this Proverb helps us with. 1st, recognize it is not our place for revenge. Romans 12 v. 19, "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, Revenge is mine, I will repay says the Lord." 2nd, recognize the impact of not escalating anger. Romans 12 v. 20, "No, if your enemy is hungry feed him, if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by dong so you will heap burning coals upon his head."

 

A - Application

What is my approach when I have been done wrong?

 

P - Prayer

Jesus, Give me patience. Help me to love my enemies.  Love Will.


Photo by Osama Saeed on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment