Saturday, January 8, 2022

Pluck

 Pluck

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE: 
John 10:27,28 kjv My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man PLUCK them out of my hand.

O - OBSERVATION: 
This is a wonderful text about the relationship of Jesus with His followers. He is the Good Shepherd and we are the sheep, we listen for His voice, and He knows us. He by His death and Resurrection gives us eternal life, we therefore will never perish and no one can ever, ever, PLUCK us out of His hand. Romans 8:37-39 says the same thing, “Nothing shall separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”



A - APPLICATION: 
I chose this verse and this version because it was my mother’s Confirmation verse. As I looked over her instructions for her funeral, she wanted the sermon to be on this verse and wanted it read this way. Most commonly used versions use the word “snatch” rather than “pluck”. In her explanation, it’s much easier to snatch something up than it is to pluck a goose or a chicken. At the time I found it rather amusing, but as I think of that I too like the word PLUCK. You see, it’s nearly impossible to pluck every pin feather out of a wild goose, and it IS impossible for anything 
to separate us from Jesus, nor can Satan pluck the Sheep of the Good Shepherd out of the Shepherd’s hand.

P - Prayer
GRACIOUS FATHER: You are so good to us to give such reassuring verses in Your Word. There is so much comfort in that verse, so much for a child of Yours to cling to even in the toughest of times. It reminds us always that You have us, there is nothing to worry about, now or forever.
We are grateful Lord to be counted as Your sheep.  In Jesus Name, Amen

1 comment: