Thursday, January 27, 2022

Pride is a dangerous thing!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 16 v. 18  Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.  


O - Observation

Pride is a one way street. I've seen it in my own life. When ever I get full of myself, usually something will happen to knock me off my pedestal. The fall is usually painful. Especially the higher one elevates himself. So, if Pride's end game is dangerous, perhaps we should train ourselves not to get tangled up in it's web. Its not to say, we shouldn't be good at anything, God gives each of us talents, skills, things that we are good at. It's how we handle those things, how we approach them, is key. One way to train ourselves is to do all things for the Glory of God. Colossians 3 v. 2, "Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." It helps to take the focus away from you. Another approach is to be humble, to be a servant.

 

A - Application
Do I handle or manage my pride? Where is my focus?  


P - Prayer   

Jesus, Remove my prideful heart. Help me to set my focus on the things above. Love Will.



Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment