Saturday, January 15, 2022

What we do impacts others!!!

S - Scripture

Proverbs 19 v.13  A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife's quarrelling is like a continual drip of rain.

 

O - Observation

Ouch!!! The truth hurts. I think of all the dumb things that I have done. How I'm sure it pained my father. Calling him from the Police station (2 times). How that must of tore him up. But amazing to me, he always showed me love. Always. No one likes a nag. Unless your a duck, no one likes the continual drip of rain. It puts everybody in a bad mood. It stifles the ability to do anything. This proverb on the surface is about pain, but if you look closer and contrast these items, its a clear picture of what happens when you do the opposite. When I do good things (even if its just for me) it makes my Dad happy. When I am supportive vs. nagging those around me are elevated and feel all the more valued. What great impact we have!!!

 

A - Application

Do I recognize when I'm a fool or a continual drip of rain?

 

P - Prayer

Jesus, Help me to live the opposite of this Proverb.  Love Will.


Photo by Ed Leszczynskl on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment