Tuesday, June 8, 2021

But Father, I just want to sing!

S - Scripture
Psalm  59 v. 16 But I will sing of they might; I will sing out loud of thy steadfast love in the morning. For thou hast been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. 

O - Observation
Singing. Wow do I love to sing. I especially like to sing songs where the lyrics really have a good message to say. Webster defines lyric as, "expressing strong personal emotion." So it would hold true that the best songs to sing, would be songs of our relationship with God. He after all, provides - steadfast love, a fortress and a refuge. Singing is an act of worship. Singing sets the tone of your heart. Sing the blues, you'll be blue. Sing about Joy, you'll be joyful. That's why what we choose to listen to is important. The content, they lyrics, the rhythm, the source of inspiration for a song is influential in our lives.

A - Application
What songs are going through my head right now?

P - Prayer
Jesus, I will sing of thy might and of your steadfast love. Love Will







Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment