Wednesday, June 30, 2021

A day in God's courts is better than a thousand elsewhere

S - Scripture
Psalm 84 v. 10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the
tents of wickedness.

O - Observation
The perfect place to be. To be in God's house. I used to struggle with this
one, since I thought Church was rather boring. What? A day, a full day at
church vs. hiking in the mountains, tailgating and watching a football game?
What? It didn't compute. But, I've come to realize this key verse. 1 Peter
2 v. 5a, "And like LIVING STONES be yourselves BUILT INTO A SPIRITUAL
HOUSE." So when we assemble with other Christians, each of us our one
stones, creates a house. A house of God. Now knowing that, yep, I'd rather
spend a day in this house, built with the living stones, then thousands
elsewhere.

A - Application
Am I spending time in God's living house?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thanks for the LIVING STONES in my life.  Love Will






Image by Joseph Redfield Nino from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment