Wednesday, June 2, 2021

God has a personal intrest in you.

S - Scripture
Psalm  54 v. 4 Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.

O - Observation
He's there for you. He wants to help you. Webster defines uphold as, "Give support to, or defense against attack; stop from being taken away." God has a personal interest in seeing you long term with him in heaven. Thus his desire to uphold you. How does he do this? He gives us armor. Ephesians 6 v. 11, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Paul equates the following with various pieces of armor.  Truth (God's truth), righteousness, Gospel of Peace, faith, salvation (Knowing that you are saved), and the word of God. Its interesting to note that each piece gets progressively stronger, bolder. We need to pray for God to help us put on the Armor.

A - Application
Do I thank God for his personal interest in me? Am I putting on his armor?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for upholding me.  Love Will









Photo by yogurt on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment