Monday, June 7, 2021

Go to God's Safe House

S - Scripture
Psalm  57 v. 1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in thee my soul takes refuge; in they shadow of they wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.

O - Observation
Refuge. Safe house. Webster defines refuge as, "a place of shelter or protection." In this psalm, David puts both soul and body in God's Safe House. David knows that nestling close to God, "Shadow of wings" provides greater protection. So he seeks the protection vs. waiting for God to protect. How do we seek this? We need to spend time in Prayer with Jesus,. We need to be in God's word on a daily basis. We need to pray for the Holy Spirit to come into our lives. But what do we need protection from? Ephesians 6 v. 12 b tells us what. "against principalities, powers, world rulers of darkness and spiritual hosts of wickedness."

A - Application
Am I setting us a "safe house" with Jesus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, In you my soul takes refuge.  Love Will









Photo by Yann Allegre on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment