Friday, June 18, 2021

Train your kids for the BEST things



S - Scripture
Psalm 71 v. 17  O God, from my youth thou hast taught me, and I still proclaim thy wondrous deeds.

O - Observation
Way of life. Building a foundation. This psalm reminds me of Proverbs 22 v. 6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." What an awesome responsibility it is to be a parent. To raise, to grow, to train, to teach, to prepare your kids for life. I think of Mary and Martha when Jesus visited them. Martha was doing good things, getting the house ready, cooking the meal, but Mary sat and listened to Jesus. Jesus said that although Martha was concerned with good things, Mary was concerned with the Best thing. Listening to God. So it must be a priority for us to incorporate the Best things, Jesus, into a child's life. 3 John 1 v. 4, "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth."

A - Application
Amy I training my kids, (any kid for that matter) to follow the truth of Jesus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, from my youth thou hast taught me. Thanks!!!    Love Will







Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment