Thursday, December 9, 2021

Be kind to the poor

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 14 v. 31  He who oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is kind to the needy honors him.  


O - Observation
What you gonna do? There's poor people. There's people less fortunate than I. Each of us has our station in life. 1 Samuel 2 v. 7a, "The Lord makes poor and makes rich." I have been blessed with a station of comfort. Help or don't help? Choosing to ignore is a choice, but that choice doesn't help. Helping brings rewards. 2 Corinthians 9 v. 6, "The point is this; he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully." Think about when you honor someone. There is a bond between the two. There is commitment - both ways. Honoring is the opposite of insult.

 

A - Application
What will I do when I interact with the poor? Will I honor or insult the Lord?    

P - Prayer   

Jesus, Give me a heart for the needy. Let all that I do be for your honor. Love Will.



 






Photo by Matt Collamer on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment