Saturday, December 11, 2021

Pure in Heart

 Pure in Heart

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE:
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

O-OBSERVATION:
This is one of the Beatitudes, and at first glance seems impossible. Is my natural state to be pure in heart? To answer my own question, a resounding NO! I have thoughts and ideas that want to spring up often, and have to work to suppress them. But it spite of my best efforts, I’ll never win this battle, but thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus 
Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

A - APPLICATION: 
How does Jesus clean up my mess? When I feel remorse for my wrong doing or wrong thoughts, and repent, He is quick to forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9. If you’ve been following these blogs for a bit you may have noted I quote that verse often, it’s because my heart needs to be purified often. Now I have a pure heart, that only the cleansing blood of Jesus can give me. Because of that the opportunity to see the father is real. Only Jesus made it possible for us to spend eternity in heaven!

P - PRAYER: 
Gracious Father, by Your grace and our faith in the saving blood of Jesus allow all of us to enter into Your Kingdom, In Jesus Name, Amen 

Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment