Friday, December 31, 2021

Encourage the noble men and women in your life!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 17 v. 26  To impose a fine on a righteous man is not good; to flog a noble man is wrong.


O - Observation

The obvious is not so obvious. This proverb is an interesting one to me. When I think about flogging a noble man, one man comes to mind - Jesus. John 19 v. 1, "Then Pilate took Jesus and scourged him." It was wrong. Today there's not a whole lot of flogging, perhaps some fines, but the point of this proverb is doing something harmful to a noble or righteous person is bad. Do we encourage our spiritual leaders or nit pick them? Words have a way of flogging people. Not to say that words of correction are bad, but we need to encourage. Do you get verbally flogged for being a Christian? Remember this, Matthew 5 v. 10, "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteous sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "

 

A - Application
Am I flogging or being flogged?   


P - Prayer   

Jesus, Keep me from flogging the noble. Help me to endure when I get flogged. Love Will.


Photo by Debby Hudson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment