Friday, December 3, 2021

We need to Work it!!!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 14 v. 4  Where there is no oxen there is no grain; but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox.


O - Observation
We need to work it. The ox was a key animal to have. It helped to plow the fields. The time you spent working with the ox produced results. Food. We can equate this Proverb not only practically in our lives, but spiritually as well.  We need to team up with our Spiritual Oxen, Jesus to reap the harvest of souls. We need to yoke up to Jesus. Matthew 11 v. 29b - 30, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me... For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." If you think about it the Ox did all the hard work, the farmer just had to stay focused and in step with the ox. This tandem produced results. 2 Timothy 2 v. 6, "It is the hardworking farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops." So, it not just having an ox, or Jesus in our lives, we need to do something with it. James 2 v. 16b, "So faith apart from works is dead."

 

A - Application
What am I doing with my spiritual oxen? Am I working it?   

P - Prayer   

Jesus, Help me to be a hardworking farmer for you. Love Will.









Photo by Varun Verma on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment