Thursday, December 2, 2021

Learn to be content

S - Scripture  
Proverbs  1
3 v. 25  The righteous has enough to satisfy his appetite, but the belly of the wicked suffers want.


O - Observation
Contentment. This proverb really speaks to the importance of learning to be content in your situation in life. Human nature, the marketers of the world strive to stir discontent by fueling the wants of our flesh. How do we get contentment? Philippians 4 v. 11-13, "For I have learned to be content in what ever state I am... I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in him who strengthens me." And Hebrews 13 v. 5, "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he (Jesus) has said, "I will never fail or forsake you." Walking in Christ, living in him provides contentment. Now that's a real treasure!! 

 

A - Application
Am I content, or am I chasing after the things of this world?


P - Prayer   
Jesus, Thank you that you will never forsake me in good times and bad. Give me contentment. 
  Love Will.


Photo by dominik hofbauer on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment