Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Forgiveness is Powerful!!!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 17 v. 9  He who forgives an offen
se seeks love, but he who repeats a matter alienates a friend.


O - Observation

Decision Point. What will you do when someone does you wrong? Romans 12 v. 21, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."  When we forgive, it causes the other person to wonder. They will either say, "You're right. I'm sorry!" or they will chalk it up as you're different. Which, as Christians, we are. We have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. Remember, 1 Peter 4 v. 8b, "Love covers a multitude of sins." Conversely, when we repeat a matter, it adds no value. Usually its to other people, people that may know the person that has done you wrong. I think about how mean girls can really alienate people with their whispers. This sort of approach is really damaging to all people, not only the one being whispered about, but the whisperer. Since at some point, no one trusts a gossip.

 

A - Application
How am I handling it when people offend me?   


P - Prayer   

Jesus, Give me the strength to forgive, help me to share why I am different.  Love Will.


Photo by Ave Calvar on Unsplash


1 comment:

  1. Dear will I am sorry for the mean girls for their caught up in ways of the world. I am sorry for the the pain that you received from them because I noted that it was just girls when guys can be just as mean. Father forgive us when we don't consider other people's feelings. Amen

    ReplyDelete