Thursday, December 23, 2021

Keep your conscience pure and working!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 17 v. 10  A rebuke goes deeper into a man of understanding than a hundred blows to a fool.


O - Observation

The power of conscience. This verse reminds me of when I was young. I used to beg my Mom and Dad to beat me vs. give me a good tongue lashing. Why? This proverb speaks to why. I knew what I did was wrong. My conscience told me so. I understood. Physical pain only lasts so long. Mental pain, that will be around for a while, as long as I had my conscience. However, since that pain was around it did shape my behavior. So, a fool loses his conscience. How do we prevent this? Hebrews 9 v. 14b, "Purify your conscience from dead works to serve the Living God." Stay in God's word.  Don't follow the ways of the world. Especially today, when the world removes absolute truths and instead focus on self gratification.

 

A - Application
What am I doing to keep my conscience pure and working?


P - Prayer   

Jesus, Thanks for my conscience. Use it when I need it. Love Will.


Photo by Adi Goldstein on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment