Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Don't go at it Alone!

S - Scripture  
Proverbs 15 v. 22, Without counsel plans go wrong, but with many advisers they succeed.


O - Observation

Don't go at it alone. This Proverb is a precursor to the adddage, "2 heads are better than 1." As a guy, this proverb is hard. Sometimes, I feel I know best, and just do it my way. Usually those are rough times ahead. So who do we look for our counselors? The first consoler has to be God. He wants us to involve him in our decision making. Isaiah 9 v. 6, "For to us a child was born to us a son is given... and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor." Then we need to surround ourselves with Christian men and women. People of expertise in the area we are working on, but have a Christian perspective. Collectively we become one, a body. 1 Corinthians 12 v. 12, " For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body though many, are one body, so it is with Christ."

 

A - Application
Am I going at it alone or am I seeking wisdom from the Wonderful Counselor? 


P - Prayer   

Jesus, Be my guide, be my good counsel.  Love Will.


Photo by Vonecia Carswell on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment