Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Plan for future generations

S - Scripture  
Proverbs  1
3 v. 22  A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but he sinners wealth is laid up for the righteous.    


O - Observation

Foundations. This verse is all about foundations. A good man will establish a foundation that will last longer than when he's around. An inheritance can mean so many things, more than just money. An inheritance can be a source of pride, an identifier of who we are. Inheritance is a gift. As Christians, sons of God we have an inheritance. 1 Peter 1 v. 4, "an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled and unfading kept in Heaven for you." Eternal life in Heaven, is better than we can imagine. Inheritance occurs usually after the principle dies. Hebrews 9 v. 16, "For where a will is involved, the death of one who made it must be established." Think about our Heavenly inheritance. Jesus died for us. Hebrews 9 v. 15b, " So that those who are called may receive the promise of eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the first covenant."

 

 A - Application
Have I thought and rejoiced about my heavenly inheritance? Have I thought about the inheritance that I will leave for my grandchildren?    

P - Prayer   
Jesus,
 Thank you for my inheritance. Help me to establish an earthly inheritance for my family.  Love Will

 












Photo by Laura Fuhrman on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment